Pages

12.15.2010

Pinko Commie Cookies


Everyone knows that atheism and pinko-commies go hand in hand, and being a former Christian who enjoyed the occasional Christmas Cookie, I couldn't resist the optimal atheist cookie opportunity. 

Of course I'm speaking of last weeks farce at Toronto City Hall when Canadian hockey loud mouth (and resident CBC fuckwad) Don Cherry referred to the media and a large number of Toronto citizens as "left-wing kooks" and "left-wing pinkos" during his speech at Mayor Rob Ford's swearing in ceremony. 

Cherry's comments surprised just about everyone and easily put him in place as the front runner for the award of 'Biggest Asshole At A Swearing In Ceremony' and effectively shut out the new Mayor in what should have been his shining moment to put his foot in it.

So, to commemorate this historical event which is leading us into four years of right wing non-gravy hell I created my own Left-Wing Pinko Commie Cookies. 

In January, I am beginning the first of five night courses at George Brown College for a 'Journalism Certificate'. Since food and cooking is something I enjoy as a hobby I've added 'food' to the topic headers that this blog now covers. In the coming months I plan to write more about food and cooking as I expect I will be doing many writing assignments and I'd like to write about something I enjoy. This post is the first of many about food.

Recipie for  Pinko-Commie Cookies


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely. 

Icing

Ingredients

  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or shortening
  • 5 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • red food coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment