We made history on May 2nd, permanently changing the Canadian political landscape. The election of Elizabeth May as our first Green MP to the House of Commons is an accomplishment we can all be proud of. We have proven that it is very possible to win seats within our current electoral system, just as Caroline Lucas in the UK and Adam Bandt in Australia have done.
Here in Ontario, the GPO is eager to build on our historic moment. With the federal election behind us, we hope you can now look towards the Ontario provincial election just over four months away. To that end, the GPO's five-point plan - found at www.itstimeforgreen.ca - is the next step in building upon our historic feat:
- Creating jobs for a 21st-century economy;
- Harnessing safe, affordable energy to power our communities;
- Promoting access to quality, sustainable health care close to home;
- Feeding our communities by championing local farms; and
- Delivering government that works for people.