Instead of speaking up to defend true democracy, other party leaders seem relieved—perhaps due to the glowing reviews Elizabeth received after her first appearance in the 2008 debates.
What kind of democracy excludes a party with the support of one million of its citizens?
What kind of democracy allows a handful of TV executives to decide that a party that only runs candidates in one province has more right to be in a national leaders’ debate than a party with candidates in every riding?
In the last election, your voices won Elizabeth her rightful place in the debates. We can’t believe that we have to ask you to rally on her behalf yet again. But we do.
Here’s what you can do:
- Vote in CBC’s poll on whether Elizabeth should be invited to the leaders’ debates
- Donate to support Elizabeth’s battle for inclusion
- Sign our petition
- Send a text message to the Chair of the Media Consortium, Mr. Troy Reeb of Global TV on his cell phone at 647-261-3752
- Email the news directors of consortium members CBC, CTV, Global, TVA
- Email party leaders Stephen Harper, Jack Layton, Michael Ignatieff and Gilles Duceppe
- Forward this message to your friends and family
With your help, Elizabeth will show Canadians why Greens belong in the House of Commons. And why there’s no debate that she belongs in the debates.
Thank you for taking part in our fight for true democracy in Canada.