Pages

11.01.2010

Lyon Layover

Our 'high speed' train turned out to be a low-speed train, but we made it to Lyon and are killing time here by wandering around the big mall near the train station and having a bite to eat.
 
Mall food is mall food everywhere and the 'service' (I use the term loosely) at this restaurant was terrible and so was the food. At least they are consistent. 

I am happy to see that Lyon has a great bike sharing program with more than 300 locations! Lyon saw a 500% increase in bicycle ridership following the unveiling of the system in 2005.

Later the same day...

We have arrived in Montpellier. Our hotel room is small and spartan, but it is all we need. It is late and we are just sleeping here tonight and catching a train to Beziers  in the morning.

We went for a walk to get some juice and beer. I have never seen so much dog shit on the streets of a city in all my life. There is much more to Montpellier than the few streets I saw, and I'm sure some of the attractions are nice. But my current opinion, based on what I saw is that this place is disgusting and I will not be rushing to visit again.

Just google; dog, shit and France and see what comes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment