Pages

9.02.2010

Corrie Crazy

Update: The show has now aired and is available online here.

Tonight we had a very fun time participating in the documentary currently being filmed by the CBC. Corrie Crazy will air on CBC on December 9, 2010 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the British soap opera Coronation Street.  

SPOILER: The above icon links to the ITV Coronation Street Site.

 The CBC crew setting up. Me on the right in the black t-shirt.

My good friend "Muffin" set this all up so myself, David, Andrew and Darren had pizza, beer and watched Coronation Street in the climate controlled comfort of our living room in downtown Toronto with a great CBC crew. We talked Corrie, discussed our favourite characters and storylines and ranted about the characters we love to hate (Sally Webster).



Of course as true Corrie fans we also bitched about the:




totally
unnecessary and ridiculous
   9 month delay
from the original ITV air dates!
   DO YOU HEAR ME CBC?
 I SAY,
DO YOU HEAR ME?
 (Fred Elliot reference)

Okay, I've said my piece about that.... So, I did a Google search for "Corrie Crazy" and found this post from the Coronation Street Blog (SPOILER SITE, BE CAREFUL!)
(Side note to Coronation Street Blog: you could make it clear that you are a spoiler site... bad karma is now headed your way, and deservedly so now that I know something I didn't want to know about Fiona Brown!)
When all was said and done we had a great evening and are eagerly awaiting the airing of Corrie Crazy in December. I also strategically wore my Greenpeace Tar Sands t-shirt, which I'm hoping will make the cut and be seen by tens of people across the country.  
Editors Note: The preceding sentence make this entire post relevant to this blog.
And I'd like to end this post with a great big THANK YOU to Corrie Canuck for their dedication, non-spoilerism and filling in of the blanks when it comes to obscure Corrie references and truly heavy northern accents, yes I mean you Sophie Webster!
Corrie Canuck, your hard work is appreciated and enjoyed by hundreds, if not thousands or even hundreds of thousands of Canadian Coronation Street fans!

  Here's a couple of pictures from tonight;

 Terry & the CBC Crew. Oh, and Muffin in the foreground and of course Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II in the background (inspired by Jack and Vera).
Muffin writing on the Bhudda Board

3 comments:

  1. The Coronation Street blog is a UK based blog and as such, is going to be spoilerish for anyone non-UK plus we also post upcoming spoilers for all. Having said that, my Bluenose Corrie Blog is Canadian timeline only. I look forward to seeing you on the doc! We are an exclusive lot, each with our own 2 minutes of fame! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great post about the 50th anniversary special and I heartily agree with you/Fred regarding the 9 or 10 month episode 'delay' in Canada.

    In terms of Canadian sites which are 'spoiler free', Bluenose Corrie blog is great and you want want to check out blanches polish hip (blanchespolishhip.blogspot.com)for a few laughs,

    All the best and looking forward to seeing you in the documentary in December,
    cheers,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the link to the CBC show online. I'm not sure if it can be viewed outside of Canada.

    http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/1221254309/ID=1691175212

    ReplyDelete